Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Taylor ES, Lawrenceville, GA

Two Strange Potatoes

By the students in the third assembly program

I like potatoes.

My name is Mike and I am a secret agent. I have lots of skills that help me in my secret agent work. I am also a broccoli.

My best friend is a zombie potato named Layla. She's kind of short (as potatoes go) and she's been one of the "undead dead" for as long as I've known her. Oh, and she LOVES ice cream. Her favorite ice cream is butter flavored and has sprinkles on top. Ice cream, secret agent skills and friendship are all a big part of this story.

The story begins when my phone rings. It's Layla. She's crying and talking so fast I can't understand her. When I get her to calm down, she tells me that just a few minutes ago, she found out that Spud, a super potato bad guy had tricked her out of her ice cream.

"Are you sure it was Spud?" I asked.

She said of course she was sure. He was dressed like a hobo and covered with zits! He had told her a sad story about his mother's funeral and how he needed some ice cream to serve to his out of town guests who were coming to the services.

Since Layla is so nice, she gave him all of her ice cream, along with her sympathy for his loss. About five minutes later, she discovered that she had been tricked. She saw Spud's mother at the grocery store, alive and well.

"Mike, can you help me get my ice cream back?" she asked.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "That's what friends are for."

I tracked down the super potato, got the ice cream back and delivered Spud to the police who put him in jail for ice cream theft.

The end.

Claudia says, "I love a story with ice cream and a happy ending. Although I'm not sure I like butter ice cream, I would try some if I had the chance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment